Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Adventures of Potty Training

Week one started off to a great start! Avery had shown interest and signs of being ready for some time. When we returned from our Indiana trip she said, "Mommy, I go potty"...then she went upstairs, pulled her pants down, took her diaper off, and sat on the potty all by herself. After she did that we decided we would begin potty training. The first week she went pee pee several times and only had 3 accidents! I thought, Wow this is easy! Well, then week two and three came and she was holding it till the last minute, then she would go. Also, she would not go #2 in the potty...she held that too which created a lot of pain for her. She would scream everytime she felt the urge, so we are now on a potty training break. She is taking miralax to help with her issue. We felt that it wasn't good to just train her to hold it. She still asks to go sit on the potty and we let her but only if she asks...we aren't forcing her to do it. Hopefully in a few weeks her issues will go away and we will start again. I decided I'm fine with that because with Cody being so little still, potty training is hard! She always seemed to have to go when I was feeding Cody...it's not easy nursing one and putting the other on the potty at the same time! I think I was ready for a break too:)

She enjoyed showing Cody how to go on the big potty:) She really enjoyed reading books while sitting on the potty.


No comments: